Thursday, October 21, 2010

YouTube mixer: "in time" (posted 11/18/10)

Did you ever have one of those semesters where you were tempted to snap at all of your teacher and say "NO, I refuse to do any more. YOU do it."  Well, at this point in the semester I find myself asking "is this teacher ever going to stop giving us projects? And why won't this semester ever end?"  HOWEVER, this project ended up being more fun than I realized it would be and I ended up putting more into it than I thought I would. 



I wasn't sure if I should name this "Life goes on" or something with the word "Time" in it. These are random YouTube videos found by doing a keyword search for "Time Lapse" (I like time lapse videos). At first, I wasn't really sure where I was going with all the videos I collected until looking at the rotting bowl of fruit and sprouting seeds (lower right). Then I viewed life in the city and moving clouds, all in fast-paced time lapsed motion.  Together these selected videos depict life and death in fast motion, hopefully giving some sense that life is short, but even after death, time still goes on.  Although I may change the title later, for now I'm calling it "In Time".

No comments:

Post a Comment